Don’t let it go any longer, because the foot problem may get worse.
Pain is how the organism informs that there is an imbalance in the body, losing vital order. When a part of our body mourns, there is a disorder in its functioning.
Advances in medicine and health, especially in recent years, have increased life expectancy by several years in many countries. As a result, older people form the majority of the population, especially in countries such as Spain.
To enjoy a higher quality of life for the elderly, they must be able to move around. Moving is a vital element to be independent, and a sore foot or what it generates limits many daily or routine activities.
When walking, the feet bear more pressure than the weight of the body itself, which is multiplied when performing other types of activities, such as jumping or running.
The feet are the fundamental pillar of the body, they keep us upright, allow us to walk, run or jump.
Types of Foot Problems
At first glance they may appear to be correct or aligned, but that happens with young people. After some time, the knees, hips and spine begin to suffer, because the body itself tries to correct the alterations of the foot, with small modifications in its structure, but this usually has a negative effect.
Foot specialists are the first to detect possible foot problems due to structural changes. These include alterations in the anatomy of the foot, joint pain, foot deformities such as bunions or claw toes.
Clínica Podológica San Román specializes in the treatment of foot disorders and deformities. Pioneer in Spain in Minimal Incision Surgery for the correction of Hallux Valgus (bunions surgery), claw or hammer toes, heel spurs among other treatments.
The main advantages of minimally incisional surgery treatments
- Patients emerge from surgery, walking on their own feet and without needing assistance.
- The surgery is performed under local anesthesia, which reduces the complications that can be caused by general anesthesia.
- The patient who leaves the podiatric clinic after surgery can carry out his or her daily activities in a moderate manner.
- As the incision is minimal to perform the surgery, the recovery is much faster, comfortable and with almost no postoperative pain.
- There is no need for needle or screw fixation, which is required in other techniques.
- Reduced risk of infection and improved tissue healing
- EXCELLENT long-term results.
Non-surgical treatments at Clínica Podológica San Román
- Computerized gait studies
- Realization of customized thermoformable templates, maximum adaptability.
- We perform Papilloma (wart) treatments.
- Ingrown toenails
- General foot care
- Diabetic foot treatment
In the San Roman Podiatric Clinic can provide solutions to their foot problems, take care you deserve it.
Link of interest about the Clinic in Más que Salud magazine.
Article prepared by Clínica San Román
Date of publication: 31-07-2017
Revision date: 19-7-2022