Intra-articular infiltration of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is an innovative and regenerative therapy that helps relieve pain and contributes to tissue recovery in the joints.
What is intra-articular infiltration of platelet-rich plasma?
Intra-articular infiltration of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a minimally invasive procedure that uses components of the patient’s own blood plasma to promote tissue regeneration and relieve joint pain. PRP is obtained from a sample of the patient’s blood, which is processed in a special device to separate and concentrate the platelets and other growth factors present in the plasma.
In which cases is intra-articular PRP infiltration applied?
Intra-articular infiltration of PRP can be useful in different situations, such as:
- Joint pain due to degenerative diseases, such as osteoarthritis or chronic tendinitis.
- Sports injuries to joints, such as torn ligaments or meniscus.
- Postoperative pain after joint surgery.
- Rehabilitation and recovery of joint function.
How is intra-articular PRP infiltration performed?
The procedure is performed in our clinic on an outpatient basis and under strict aseptic measures. The medical specialist will draw a blood sample from the patient and process it to obtain the PRP. Then, using ultrasound guidance techniques, PRP is injected directly into the affected joint. The procedure is quick and usually takes less than an hour.
Advantages of intra-articular PRP infiltration
- Pain relief and improved joint function.
- Minimally invasive and safe procedure.
- It uses components from the patient’s own blood plasma, minimizing the risk of allergic reactions or infections.
- Stimulates tissue regeneration and healing of injuries.
- Fewer side effects compared to pharmacological treatments.
Intra-articular PRP infiltration at Clínica San Román is a novel and effective treatment option for patients suffering from joint pain.
In addition to relieving pain, intra-articular PRP infiltration can contribute to faster and more effective recovery from joint injuries, resulting in significant improvement in joint mobility and function. This innovative treatment may also be an excellent option for patients seeking non-surgical options or alternatives to conventional pharmacological treatments.
In summary, intra-articular infiltration of platelet-rich plasma at Clínica San Román offers a promising and effective alternative for the treatment of joint pain. If you are interested in exploring this therapy to improve your quality of life, feel free to contact our team of experts to schedule a consultation and learn more.